Don't drink this water

Sep 25, 2010

I have the Japanese entry of the Taiwan bicycle touring in February 2009.
Now I asked my friend from Lang-8 to translate it to Chinese.

I asked my friend to translate the diary of the third day, when I cycled south from Karen on the East Coast through the mountains.

(The diary of the original)
I took a break at the "mountain spring water", near the flower examination laboratory. I filled up my water bottle.
(The reply from the Taiwanese friend)
> When I read the diary of the third day, I was a little surprised.
> taka drank water where the notice board said "山泉水請勿飲用".
> This meaning is "Don't drink this water".
> Taiwanese spring water is delicious but it's dangerous to drink without
> boiling. Please be careful.

I had understood "Please drink the water of the spring of the mountain", and drank in large quantities (LOL)
But I was cheerful :-)
Both Japanese and Chinese use kanji. However, jumping to a hasty conclusion is dangerous.

0 comments



Japan Part for LABEL

Japan Part for LABEL

Powered by Lang-8 friends

boso.cycle@gmail.com


Taka
If you want to know the details, write a comment or send an email.

free counters