Ancient Yokohama

Dec 21, 2010

130 years ago, Yokohama, where I live, was a small port town and farmland. But it also has an older history.
In the Nara era 1200 years ago, Tachibana county was founded and the government office was built on the hill near my home. The site was excavated in 1998 and built into the park, and I visited it by bicycle. I pedaled with Tokyo time travel map on the iPhone. Because I was not having fun while watching the current map, I displayed a map of 130 years ago and cycled on the old way. I displayed the present location with a GPS for an ancient map. It was a strange feeling.

There was an alley of residential areas now, but a stone signpost and a small shrine are left.

The remains were mere open spaces. The foundation stones were backfilled, Japanese buildings were made by wood and there was no trace.

0 comments



Japan Part for LABEL

Japan Part for LABEL

Powered by Lang-8 friends

boso.cycle@gmail.com


Taka
If you want to know the details, write a comment or send an email.

free counters