Bandai to Yonezawa

Oct 30, 2010

view the big map with a meters above the sea level graph

Because the train arrived at Bandaimachi Station at 11:38, and I had to cycle 70km with two mountain passes to Yonezawa, the problem became that I might arrive after sunset.

The weather was clouded and it's occasionally fair, but a cloud hung on the mountaintop of Mt. Bandai-san.

First of all I went 15km to Happohdai (1194m), on an 800m incline.

When I went over the mountain pass, I was able to see a rough north wall.

A river was dammed up by a landslide in the eruption in 1888, and this made many lakes and marshes appear.
Hibara village sits in the Hibara lake.

When I passed the flat shore, the climb up to the ridgeline of the Mt. Azuma began. I went up 550m over 8km up to Shiranuno Pass (1420m) on the prefectural border.
I arrived at 17:00, which was one hour behind schedule. The last 10km was a low speed downhill run, while I looked at the night view.

69.13Km/Total 7h

0 comments



Japan Part for LABEL

Japan Part for LABEL

Powered by Lang-8 friends

boso.cycle@gmail.com


Taka
If you want to know the details, write a comment or send an email.

free counters